The perfect plugs for your pipes
28 January 2019
The Pipestoppers® Division at Huntingdon Fusion Techniques® (HFT) has manufactured and introduced a range of inflatable rubber plugs for heavy-duty applications such as pipes that might contain oils, hydrocarbons or petrochemicals, in which case, the usual inflatable stoppers will not have resistance.
HFT’s Lightweight Inflatable Rubber Plugs, manufactured from high quality rubber, comprising a mix of styrene, butadiene and isoprene, can withstand temperatures from -40°C to 70°C, and are available in sizes from 2 to 78 inches, with each plug having a wide degree of flexibility in diameter.
The inflatable rubber plugs are most ideal for new pipeline installations or for carrying out routine maintenance and repairs because they seal off sections of a pipe quickly, safely and are simple to use.
Typical applications include:
• Blocking pipes, tubes, dams, inlets, storage tanks, manholes and channels.
• For use in water, sewage, fluid production (milk, beer, chemicals), petrochemical, pharmaceutical, gas pipeline systems.
• Restricting, diverting and bypassing flow during pipeline maintenance or modification.
• Keeping a pipeline free of dirt and contaminants by capping and blocking the ends.
• Can be floated down pipes and stopped at a desired location by holding onto the inflation hose.
Image courtesy of Huntingdon Fusion Techniques®