QuickPurge from Huntingdon Fusion Techniques
04 January 2017
Huntingdon Fusion Techniques HFT® recently launched the QuickPurge® Tube, Pipe and Pipeline Weld Purging Systems, designed to help welders avoid time loss and excessive waste of argon gas, which could reduce the loss of corrosion resistance and metallurgical imperfections.
Some features of QuickPurge Systems include:
• An additional gas input line
• Oxygen levels as low as 10 parts per million (ppm) can be reached
• IntaCal® combined with the integrated PurgeGate® device makes it possible to safely inflate the systems with argon gas, for sealing and then purging the space between the dams where the weld joint is located
• All systems are manufactured as standard with a hose for connecting a Weld Purge Monitor®
• Materials used in the manufacture of QuickPurge are such that they are resistant to the higher weld temperatures present and they don't outgas, preventing weld contamination.